Pupil Premium Grant
About the Pupil Premium
The Pupil Premium is allocated to schools for children of statutory school age who are known to be eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) or children who have been eligible in the last six years. It is also for children who have been looked after by the local authority continuously for more than six months, and children whose parents are currently serving in the armed forces. Schools receive £1320 per child in receipt of PPG and £1900 per looked after child (LAC). Schools will be held accountable for how the additional funding is used to support pupils and are required to show the impact of this spending.
Free School Meals Eligibilty Checker
If you think that your child might be eligible for the Pupil Premium Grant, please follow the link below. The School Office will be happy to support (in confidence) if this would be helpful. Thank you.
Visit Free School Meals Eligibilty Checker >>
Pupil Premium Spend
In making decisions on the use of the Pupil Premium we will:
- Ensure that Pupil Premium funding allocated to our school is used solely for its intended purpose
- Use the latest evidence based research on proven strategies which work to narrow the attainment gaps and adapt these as necessary to meet the needs of our pupils
- Be transparent in our reporting of how we have used the Pupil Premium, so that our parents and interested stakeholders are fully aware of how this additional resource has been used to make a difference
- Encourage take up of Pupil Premium by working proactively with our parents and carers in a sensitive and supportive manner and to remove any potential barriers or stigma attached to claiming PP or FSM. In doing so, we also recognise the vital role that parents and carers play in the lives of their children
- Be mindful of the fact that eligibility and take up of Pupil Premium does not equate with pupils being considered to be of ‘low ability’ because of their social circumstances
- Ensure there is robust monitoring and evaluation in place to account for the use of the Pupil Premium, by the school and governing body
Download Pupil Premium Strategy 2017 – 2018 >>