Please see below some advice to help manage feelings and anxiety at home:
- Be consistent with the waking and bedtime routines
- Try to stick to a timetable for the morning
- Afternoon for fun and physical activities and go outdoors if it safe to do so
- Contact with friends and family by Facetime and writing letters (postage services are continuing at the moment!)
- Limit news/fake news and too much social media!
- Provide a break time/lunch time routine
- Make a family ‘I am bored’ Jar – fill it with ideas to choose from when you are bored – could be a household chore, a game, 20 jumping jacks etc loads of ideas on Pinterest!
- Make a family ‘to do’ jar – fill with the things that you have missed so you can make sure you can do in the future – hug a Grandparent, go to the cinema, dinner at Nandos, go swimming etc
Links to activities:
www.twinkl.co.uk - It has helpful sheets for : positivity jar, mindful minute break cards, mindfulness challenge cards, making negative thoughts into positive, main worries worksheet etc
www.biglifejournal-uk.co.uk – free printables
Cosmic Yoga - on Youtube
www.worldofdavidwalliams.com – 11am story time
www.theday.co.uk – online child friendly newspaper
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ - Joe Wicks PE lesson